Did you know today, Random Acts of Kindness Day generated from the phrase “practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” The phrase inspired a 1993 book to be written about true stories of acts of kindness. Since its publishing, many people around the world have been inspired to participate in random acts of kindness. Now, many people celebrate today by brightening the lives of those around them.
Below is a list of creative ways that you can spread kindness in your own neighborhood.
- Let someone go in front of you in line at the grocery store
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Insert coins into someone’s parking meter
- Participate in a fundraiser, walk, run, or other charitable events
- Donate clothing or non-perishable food to the Salvation Army
- Plant a tree or help someone tend to their garden
- Pay for a stranger’s library fees
- If someone you know seems sad or lonely, spend time with them and allow them to talk to you while you listen
These simple, yet kind gestures can go a long way to make someone else’s day.
The Center for Hope and Healing is a private practice that provides individual therapy to individuals and families going through life transitions and mental health challenges such as the death of a loved one, divorce, and serious illness of self or loved one. Our goal is to help individuals foster resiliency, increase problem-solving and coping skills, reduce stress reactions, and develop healthy relationships, thereby improving overall wellness. Counseling and therapy sessions for St. Charles and St. Louis counties. Click here or call 636-328-0874 for more information.